Thursday 26 November 2009

A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM EMMA - THE YOUNGEST DAUGHTER OF PC BILL BARKER


PC Bill Barker served with Cumbrian Police for 25 years

44-year-old PC Bill Barker was tragically killed last Friday whilst diverting traffic from Northside Bridge near Workington. The bridge collapsed in the heavy floods, plunging him into the River Derwent. Bill's body was found later at Allonby beach.  

His colleagues later described him as an "inspiration". Prime Minister Gordon Brown described PC Barker as a "very heroic, very brave man". Hazel Barker, his wife said the "amazing dad" died "doing the job he loved".

Bill and Hazel have four children - two boys and two girls aged between eight and 16. The youngest, Emma, has written an emotional open letter of thanks that we would like to reprint here.

"Thank you everyone for giving cards to me and my family and supporting us by giving us flowers, hugs and kisses. It has been a disaster over the last few days for my family and me, and people have been making dinner for our family. The nice people have been coming to see my mum and all our family as well as my Gran. My dog, Sam, went over to my dad's shoes and smelt them, then lay down beside them. I have about 500 cards and all of them make me better. Eleven people have come today as they love my family and, before I go, thank you for the cards. Love from Emma."   God bless you Emma.

The kind thoughts and best wishes of the world have been focused on Hazel and her family this week. We would like to add our heartfelt condolances and prayers for you all.

From everyone here at Nice 1 Limited

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Site

Our Top 10 Read Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

policeoracle.com

Internet Marketing & Social Networking

LinkedIn Tutorials